Laserfiche WebLink
<br />PREPARED BY: LISA PETERSEN <br /> Assistant Parks and Public Works Director/Town Engineer <br /> <br /> <br />Reviewed by: Town Manager, Assistant Town Manager, Town Attorney, Finance Director, and Parks <br />and Public Works Director <br /> <br /> <br />110 E. Main Street Los Gatos, CA 95030 ● 406-354-6832 <br /> <br />TOWN OF LOS GATOS <br />COUNCIL AGENDA REPORT <br />MEETING DATE: 08/07/2018 <br />ITEM NO: 6 <br /> <br /> <br />DATE: JULY 27, 2018 <br />TO: MAYOR AND TOWN COUNCIL <br />FROM: LAUREL PREVETTI, TOWN MANAGER <br />SUBJECT: AUTHORIZE THE TOWN MANAGER TO EXECUTE A FIVE-YEAR AGREEMENT <br />FOR CONSULTANT SERVICES FOR MAP CHECK REVIEW AND SURVEYING <br />SERVICES WITH KIER & WRIGHT CIVIL ENGINEERS & SURVEYORS, INC. IN <br />AN AMOUNT NOT TO EXCEED $125,000. <br /> <br /> <br />RECOMMENDATION: <br /> <br />Authorize the Town Manager to execute a five-year agreement for consultant services for map <br />check review and surveying services with Kier & Wright Civil Engineers & Surveyors, Inc. in <br />amount not to exceed $125,000. <br /> <br />BACKGROUND: <br /> <br />In April of 2018, PPW staff posted a Request For Qualifications (RFQ) for Acting Town Surveyor <br />Services on the Town’s webpage and sent the RFQ directly to three survey firms. It was also <br />posted on the Town’s website for other firms to consider. The scope of the RFQ is to gain <br />assistance in surveying services and for the firm to act as the Town Surveyor. The Town is <br />required to use a licensed surveyor by California’s Subdivision Map Act Law for review and <br />signing of development maps and other land development documents. Two firms submitted <br />qualifications in response to the Town’s RFQ. Following the submittal of qualifications from <br />these consultants, staff reviewed the materials and interviewed both consultants. <br /> <br />DISCUSSION: <br /> <br />As part of its Engineering Development Services, the Town conducts various mapping, map <br />check review, and land surveying services. The Parks and Public Works Department does not <br />